Become a utility meter installer
Lowri Beck Services are continuously looking for dual, electric or gas meter installers to supplement our already growing field workforce.
As we make the transition to a low carbon economy, SMART meters have a vital role to play. Consumers will be given the information they need to fully understand and manage their energy consumption effectively, save money and reduce carbon emissions. This will be central to help tackle climate change and to deal with consumer concerns about the rising costs of energy. Find out more...
Where suitable we are committed to up-skilling our existing and new meter installers to be dual fuel engineers and be able to install and maintain electric and gas meters in preparation for the new SMART meter rollout, the Government has mandated that in the region of 50 million meters need to be exchanged to SMART meters by the end of 2019. Find out more...
Lowri Beck Meter Installers are paid monthly in arrears; the pay is based on your agreed salary. Expenses and mileage allowances are paid in addition to each monthly wage.
Successful candidates must:
- Be self-motivated and highly organised
- Have excellent customer interaction skills
- Be of smart appearance
- Be willing to undertake Police Vetting upon commencement of employment
- Hold a valid full UK driving license
- Carry out a range of meter fixing operative duties to meet appointments and performance as required including installations and maintenance of gas meters up 6m3/h on low pressure networks.
- Participate in training for installations and maintenance of gas meters up to 40m3/h on low and medium pressure networks.
- Participate in training to install SMART and traditional single phase, three phase electricity metering and Automated Meter Reading (AMR) installations.
- Participate in SMART communication technology training.
- Carry out emergency/short notice work outside normal working hours.
- Participate in a standby rota, including weekends, for work outside of normal work pattern hours.
We'll give you:
- An important place in our successful, expanding company
- A competitive incremental salary
- Flexible hours (Full time, part time and casual posts available)
- Company branded work van and fuel card
- Paid expenses
- Comprehensive training programme