Become a utility meter reader
Lowri Beck Services are continuously looking for good meter readers to supplement our already growing field workforce.
Lowri Beck Meter Readers work from home and receive work via Hand Held Terminal in advance each day. The work is prearranged in route form with driving directions from job to job.
Lowri Beck Meter Readers are paid weekly in arrears, the pay is based on the total monetary value of the meter readings collected, along with any incremental bonus achieved with reference to the volume of work completed. However, there is a basic minimum rate in place so that the wage never falls below a certain amount. This ensures that your wage will always at least exceed the national minimum wage. Expenses and mileage allowances are paid in addition to each weekly wage.
Successful candidates must:
- Be self-motivated and highly organised
- Have excellent customer interaction skills
- Have a good knowledge of the local area
- Be of smart appearance
- Be willing to undertake Police Vetting upon commencement of employment
- Have the use of a vehicle which has to be insured for business use and hold a valid driving license (3 minor points allowed. Operatives in Central London may be able to undertake their work on public transport)
We’ll give you:
- An important place in our successful, expanding company
- A competitive incremental salary and bonus scheme
- Flexible hours (Full time, part time and casual posts available)
- Mileage allowance and expenses paid
- Comprehensive training programme